Thursday, February 26, 2015

PIES task

PERSONAL IDENTITY
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Trailer for TRHPS
I identify strongly with this film as Each character reflects a part of my personality, as does the general aesthetic of he film. Frank is fabulous & mysterious, as I would like to be; Brad represents confusion (I am often confused); Janet is eager to learn new things; Dr. Scott is wise (as I often perceive myself to be); Columbia is devoted to Frank like a fan to a celebrity & I take my fandoms & celebrities very seriously; Magenta & Riff Raff are under-appreciated & quietly bitter; Rocky is pretty & sometimes I think I am pretty. The castle is gothic, like me, but inside it is like a mixture of a theatre & a laboratory. TRHPS has a huge cult following as many people are able to identify with the pop-culture B-movie references, the characters who at first seem very basic but are in fact very complex & the music which covers a range of styles from rock'n'roll to Vaudeville. Some audiences take an oppositional reading to the sexual elements & the seemingly degenerate actions of the characters.

INFORMATION
  

No comments:

Post a Comment